Budecort Rotacaps (Budesonide)
|Active Ingredient (Generic Name):||
30 rotacaps in 1 packet
6 To 15 days
Use Code AM10 @ Checkout page
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE BUDECORT ROTACAPS?
BUDECORT ROTACAPS contains the active substance budesonide, from the corticosteroid group of drugs, which has an anti-inflammatory effect.
BUDECORT ROTACAPS are used to treat asthma.
This effect is manifested as a reduction of bronchial obstruction during the early and
last stages of an allergic reaction.
BUDECORT should be regularly used.
You should pay attention that BUDECORT is not indicated for the elimination of acute symptoms of asthma.
The full therapeutic effect of BUDECORT will be reached within several weeks.
WHAT IS THE HEALTH INFORMATION YOU SHOULD TELL A DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING BUDECORT?
Before using BUDECORT ROTACAPS, tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You have or have had liver disease
- You have lung tuberculosis
- You are a fungal or viral respiratory infection
COULD THE BUDECORT ROTACAPS MEDICINE BE USED AT THE SAME TIME AS THE OTHER DRUGS?
Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Steroid medicines.
- Drugs for the treatment of fungal infections (such as itraconazole and ketoconazole).
- Drugs used for HIV therapy such as ritonavir and nelfinavir.
HOW IS BUDECORT ROTACAPS PRESCRIBED DEPENDING ON THE PATIENT’S AGE?
The recommended dose for adults and children older than 12 years is 1-2 individual doses (200-400 micrograms) once or twice daily.
Maximum recommended dose: is daily dose: 1600 micrograms daily.
Children under the age of 12 years:
- Initial recommended dose: 1 single dose (200 micrograms) twice daily or 200 – 400
- Micrograms once a day.
- Maximum recommended dose: 800 micrograms daily.
- In the case of dosing once a day, this dose should be taken in the evening.
Children under the age of 6 years:
- BUDECORT is not intended for use in children under six years
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
During the use of medicine with a nebulizer, some side effects could be expressed.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, please inform your doctor.
- The swelling of the face and especially around the mouth, with swelling of the lips or tongue, eyes and ears
- contact dermatitis
- Fungal infection in the mouth. This is less likely if you rinse your mouth with water after application
- Mild irritation of the throat, cough, and hoarseness.
- Skin rash following the application of the face mask can be prevented by washing the face after using the face mask.
HOW TO USE FOR BUDECORT ROTACAPS?
BUDECORT ROTACAPS are in the form of capsules, but they are indicated for oral use.
This medicine in the form of dry powder can be used only by a particular device called Rotahealer.
Rotahealer has an appropriate mouthpiece through which you should inhale the content of a capsule.
The content will be released after placing it in the hole of an inhaling device.
Before you start inhaling, place the Rotahealer straight up and exhale. During the treatment inhale profoundly and hold your breath for at least 5 minutes.
When you finish the treatment rinse your face and mouth. It is advised to brush your teeth, too.
These actions will prevent the contact reaction on the skin and the occurrence of caries.
It is essential to use the BUDECORT ROTACAPS each day, even if you feel signs of improvement.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POSSIBLE SYMPTOMS DURING THE BUDECORT ROTACAPS TREATMENT?
If you feel you are breathless or breathe heavily while using BUDECORT ROTACAPS, you should continue taking them, but contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Contact your doctor without delay, if:
- Your breathing worsens, or you often get asthma during the night.
- In the morning, you begin to feel anxiety in the chest that lasts longer than usual.
These signs can tell you that your condition is not controlled in the right way and that you need it without delay different or additional therapy.
CAN BUDECORT ROTACAPS BE USED DURING PREGNANCY, LACTATION, AND DRIVING VEHICLES?
- If you are pregnant or plan a pregnancy, consult your doctor before taking BUDECORT ROTACAPS.
- It is not advisable to use BUDECORT ROTACAPS unless your doctor prescribes it.
- If you become pregnant while using BUDECORT ROTACAPS in the form of dry powder, do not stop the therapy.
- If you are breastfeeding consult your doctor before taking BUDECORT ROTACAPS
- Influence of BUDECORT on the management of motor vehicles and machine handling
It is unlikely that the use of BUDECORT ROTACAPS will affect your ability to operate motor vehicles or machines.